A unique variation of the traditional elliptical cross trainer, the LateralX from Octane Fitness offers smooth, 3D motion that goes from a vertical elliptical stepping motion to an adjustable side-to-side motion for invigorating, one-of-a-kind workouts, that deliver results.
Combining elliptical and lateral movement, the total-body workouts utilize 10 varying planes of motion to create muscle confusion, resulting in customized, functional exercise that builds stamina, muscular endurance, coordination and balance.
“The LateralX prepares people for everyday life — whether that is training for a sport, improving balance or increasing energy,” noted Tim Porth, the executive vice president of product development and marketing for Octane Fitness.
The LateralX offers an adjustable lateral motion, and university research shows that users experience a 27 percent increase in caloric expenditure going from the lateral width of one to the maximum width of 10. Studies also indicate that the LateralX motion represents a 30 percent increase in hip abduction, hip adduction and knee extension over traditional ellipticals.
With 30 resistance levels and workout boosters such as QuadPower, ThighToner and X-Mode, the LateralX helps every exerciser recruit more muscles and meet their goals.
Octane’s popular CROSS CiRCUIT® combined cardio and strength routines, a new MMA (mixed martial arts) workout and new Lateral Interval and Dual Direction programs, deliver variety for greater motivation; and, the self-powered LateralX is equipped with MultiGrip and Converging Path handlebars, digital contact heart-rate sensors and a console fan.
Experience a totally new direction in exercise with the LateralX.
• Adjustable lateral motion.
• Varying planes of motion add muscle confusion for greater results.
• Converging Path handlebars offer the most natural motion.
• MultiGrip handlebars custom-fit every exerciser.
• Advanced programs, like MMA and 30:30 interval, fuel intensity.
• Lateral Interval and Dual Direction workouts target hips, thighs and glutes.
• New workout boosters — ThighToner and QuadPower — tone lower body.
• Octane’s CROSS CiRCUIT® strength-infused cardio interval routine delivers the ultimate challenge.
• Heart-rate-controlled programs provide personalized intensity.
• 30 resistance levels accommodate all exercisers.
• Ideal to improve fitness or athletic performance.
For more information, contact Octane Fitness at 888-OCTANE4 or octanefitness.com.