- Supplier Voice
- Special Reports
- Front-Line All Stars
Thirty years ago, cardio entertainment required a major investment in a hard-wired system. Today’s advanced wireless technology provides a range of entertainment solutions to engage members, help them achieve their goals, build your brand and streamline operations. Here are some considerations:
1. Club TV audio on smartphones: Mobile TV audio applications enable exercisers to easily download mobile apps to enjoy TV audio on their Apple or Android devices anywhere in the facility — during their cardio workout, through strength training sessions and beyond. Operators are able to engage members through branded mobile marketing, special promotional offers, banner ads and class schedules. Other smartphone audio applications enable the convenience of staging Group X or virtual classes in the middle of the club.
2. Seamless cardio TV entertainment: Innovative solutions include banks of TV monitors with wireless TV audio receivers built-in to cardio equipment consoles from leading manufacturers — ask your factory representatives for a list of available models.
3. Cardio machine TVs: Individual personal viewing TV monitors mounted in front of or built into the cardio equipment.
4. Smart digital signage: Digital signage systems deliver a big “welcome” statement for every member. Features include simple set up with HDMI compatible TVs and quick-start design templates to provide news, special offers and announcements. With a coordinated mobile marketing platform, clubs may cross-promote with local businesses to leverage referrals and added revenues.
5. Manage your cardio equipment assets: The dreaded “out of order” sign on a favorite cardio machine is a huge annoyance to members. Wireless cardio machine monitoring technology allows operators to extend equipment life, minimize downtime and optimize service schedules — with minimal need for routine inspections — by managing their cardio equipment inventory 24/7 from one convenient online platform.
Entertainment is a must-have amenity. The flexibility of wireless technology and ease of upgrades (and compatibility) provide significant benefits for the operator. In today’s competitive environment, it’s important to make the most of every membership and referral opportunity.
Tony Garcia is founder and president of MYE Fitness Entertainment, an industry leader in the design, development and application of fitness entertainment and technology. For more information, visit myefitness.com.