The past year was filled with exciting developments for the fitness industry while the world continues to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. The close of 2022 brings new hopes and goals for 2023.
Michele Wong, the chief operating officer of Active Wellness, recently sat down with Club Solutions Magazine Podcast host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko to discuss what industry trends to keep an eye on in the new year.
Wong provides an expert overview of numerous current trends from outdoor fitness, recovery, strength training, virtual fitness and more.
Listen to the full conversation below.
- At 0:48 hear Wong explain how Active Wellness is continuing to look at recovery and visitor/community engagement.
- Wong details how recovery can help ease new patrons into a gym environment at 1:38.
- At 2:46 learn why members are looking for more engagement in the ongoing aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hear Wong’s take on if virtual and outdoor fitness trends will continue to gain popularity at 3:51.
- At 7:03 discover why strength training is drawing more people back to facilities compared to other workouts.
- Learn what the biggest lessons learned were for Active Wellness at 8:55.
- At 9:53 Wong describes the challenges her club has had with staffing and recruiting new members amid the recent Great Resignation.
- Hear Wong’s top advice for operators when it comes to recruiting and staffing at 11:49.
- At 13:55 discover what could possibly be the biggest challenges the fitness industry will have to overcome in 2023.
- Wong describes the importance of setting realistic goals with members and how operators can improve gym value at 15:20.
- At 17:30 learn what might be the biggest opportunities for the industry in the new year.
- Wong details how Active Wellness is looking for more growth in 2023 through partnerships with healthcare and new equipment designs at 19:29.
- At 21:30 hear how staying connected and keeping an active attitude can help your club through difficult economic and social challenges.
- Wong describes one of her favorite leadership books, Rising Strong by Brené Brown, at 22:51.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.
Leave a Reply