Peak Pilates® Rolls Out New Trainings and Workshops In 2014
Peak Pilates has announced a multitude of new trainings across the nation in 2014. This year’s additions to the education program will advance instructors’ knowledge and skills and provide teaching tools to help professionals offer programs that build strength, endurance, balance, flexibility and power.
“We are thrilled to expand our Peak Pilates programming with these comprehensive workshops for instructors to enhance their classes and programming,” said John Baudhuin, the CEO of Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc. “These trainings introduce progressive exercises and techniques to complement the traditional Pilates structure.”
The new programs include:
- Lengthen and Strengthen with Elastic Bands (3 CECs): Instructors will learn new techniques to challenge students in a mat class. They will use elastic bands to mimic the springs on the apparatus, assist and support movement, develop length and opposition, and find a strong heel to seat connection.
- Peak Pilates® Power Circle (3 CECs): Learn how to use the Power Circle to enhance your private sessions and classes. Understand how to access the Powerhouse, improve initiation and execution, heighten the connection to centerline and develop more stability. Exact placement of the Power Circle will be covered for each mat exercise, as well as progressions and transitions.
- Peak Conditioning with Kettlebells (4 CECs): Pilates and kettlebells merge together in this workshop to help instructors increase their students’ strength, endurance, power and flexibility in either a Pilates mat or reformer class.
- Level II Preparation (5 CECs): This workshop provides instructors with a head start to Peak Pilates Comprehensive Level II by refining Level I exercises, previewing Level II additions, reviewing the 5-Part Formula and talking about real-life teaching scenarios.
- Peak Pilates® Props Shop (4-6 CECs): Providing instructors with insight into when to incorporate props into the flow of a traditional Pilates class, this workshop will focus on how to use balls, bands, Bodyblades® and Ugi® balls to increase intensity of a workout.
- Tower Basics (8 CECs): This workshop will provide instructors with 32 new exercises using the tower to access the Powerhouse and strengthen arms and legs with spring resistance.
The new Peak Pilates workshops will be delivered by Peak’s International team of skilled Master Instructors through a network of host sites and education centers around the world. Interested facilities can apply to host trainings here: http://www.peakpilates.com/en/host a training, and instructors looking to enroll in a workshop or find more information about the new programming can visit: http://www.peakpilates.com/en/workshops.