Peak Pilates Launches the New Afina Line
Peak Pilates is debuting its new studio line of reformers and tower system at the 14th Annual Meeting of the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) in San Diego, California. The new state-of-the-art collection, the Afina™, is the culmination of more than three years of research and collaboration between designers and instructors.
“We are thrilled to introduce the Afina at the Pilates Method Alliance,” said John Cook, the director of industrial design for Peak Pilates. “This classical line is as inviting to the human eye as it is to the human body, and it was created from the feedback we received from our senior team of Peak Pilates Master Instructors.”
The new Afina reformer features include:
- New sleek posts without metal brackets help to create a clear space, clean look and easy strap placement.
- Removable three-position headrest for easy cleaning and care.
- New four-position contoured footbar designed from the ground up for better grasp, connection and joint angle. A classical catching feature provides safety for the user without interrupting flow.
- A redesigned carriage that provides a structural steel frame increasing stability and features a top surface that is easier to clean and use. Hidden fasteners help to expose the beauty of the work. Removal of the anti-tip carriage is easy and safe due to an extended wheelbase.
- Coated spring support bar feature on the undercarriage helps to reduce noise from springs.
- Less is more. Mitered corners, no end grain or fill holes and minimization of screws highlight the elegance.
- The new, sleek tapered leg provides maximum power and grounding.
- Gear block with storage position when in negative gear.
- All carriages are now equipped with a flip mechanism to allow for simple future upgrades to a tower or twin mat system.
Learn more about the Afina line or join Peak Pilates’ list: http://peakpilates.com/AfinaInfoList. The Afina Collection will be available in early 2015.