Today, many people don’t join fitness clubs strictly to have a place to get in shape or lose weight. Instead, many members are looking for a new place to interact and enjoy the company of others. Consider transforming your club from a simple workout spot to a social gathering place where members feel comfortable just hanging out. By keeping members in the club longer they will feel comfortable coming back and build a loyalty to your club.
Here are a few ideas to help you make the environment in your club(s) comfortable and conducive to positive interaction between members and your staff:
- Give your club depth by adding comfortable seating to every area.
- Create a lounge where people can congregate to talk about their lives, fitness or any other topic.
- Take the lounge idea to a whole new level by adding a café or small restaurant that serves smoothies, protein shakes, healthy snacks and light sandwiches.
- Hold special events that cater to some of your larger demographic groups. Having club management software that allows you to quickly evaluate this type of information can streamline efforts.
- Conduct classes that encourage interaction between members and prospective members. From group exercise programming to educational and health seminars, make your club the go-to spot in your community for like-minded, health-conscious individuals.
Leave a Reply