The Empower Group on Trends, Be Military Fit and More — Episode 26
The Empower Group has seen various trends over the past year.
As the pandemic shifts and changes the world of fitness, the virtual and outdoor trends just might be here to stay.
In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine podcast, host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko chats with Chris Stevenson and Marisa Hoff of The Empower Group and Be Military Fit. They discuss where the industry is today, trends in virtual and outdoor fitness, their favorite leadership books, and much more.
Show Notes from the Discussion with The Empower Group
- How Stevenson kind of invented the studio market — but only kind of.
- Hoff started as an elementary school teacher and took a winding road into the fitness world.
- The trends both Stevenson and Hoff are seeing in their roles as part of The Empower Group.
- A big challenge is figuring out how to create the experience that shows members they do need to come back to in-person fitness.
- Take note: Hoff first works out at the gym, and then works for them.
- Hoff and Stevenson share success stories of several clubs that didn’t “close” during the pandemic, some even growing during the past year.
- How they got involved with Be Military Fit and piloting the first location in the U.S.
- What that partnership will look like moving forward.
- A look at the outdoor fitness trend — will it stay or will it go?
- How “outdoor solutions” will vary from club to club.
- What to keep in mind if you’re considering adding Be Military Fit.
- Why permits and insurance for outdoor workouts are truly essential.
- Fun facts about Hoff and Stevenson you probably didn’t know — their facts relate to Colombia and Power Rangers.
- Favorite leadership books include anything from Patrick Lencioni, “Decisive” by Chip and Dan Heath, and “The Art of Gathering” by Priya Parker.
- What’s been really refreshing to see in the industry.
Be sure to subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.