Industry advocacy has taken on a new importance over the past year. And Paula Neubert is one of many club owners who became heavily involved.
As the president and general manager of Club Greenwood in Colorado, Neubert was part of the formation of the Colorado Fitness Coalition.
In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine Podcast, she chats with editor-in-chief Rachel Zabonick-Chonko about industry advocacy on a local and national level, and how others can get involved. They also dive into Neubert’s top lessons from the past two years, her optimistic outlook for the industry and the best leadership books she’s reading.
Show Notes from the Discussion on Industry Advocacy
- Neubert walks through the foundation of the Colorado Fitness Coalition.
- The coalition was able to achieve these several things — tune in at 5:41.
- Why the entire industry needs to work together, from a local to a national level.
- Neubert dives into Project 435 from the National Health and Fitness Alliance at 10:20 — contact Kevin McHugh at The Atlantic Club via email@example.com to learn about what part you can play.
- If you’re intimidated by getting involved, Neubert shares about how she was too at minute 14.
- Just because the pandemic might be going to an endemic, it doesn’t mean to stop this work.
- Neubert’s biggest learning lessons from the past two years starts at 17:44.
- Like many clubs last year, Club Greenwood had record breaking sales in 2021, and two-thirds were this kind of member.
- How COVID-19 has helped in reaching the 80% and how the industry needs to strike while the iron is hot.
- People are looking at fitness in a different way — listen at 24:10.
- Is it time to have a therapist onsite? Neubert dissects this thought.
- Outdoors is still a trend; here is what Club Greenwood has been doing at 28:45.
- Neubert is reading “Leadershift” and about to read “Habits of a Champion.” Also, her daughter recommends “Above the Line.”
Be sure to subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.