Blair’s POV: Top Trends at IHRSA 2022
Each month Blair McHaney, the CEO of MXM, sits down with Rachel Zabonick-Chonko, the editor-in-chief of Club Solutions Magazine, for a frank discussion on the current state of the fitness industry.
BLAIR MCHANEY’S POV SHOW NOTES
IHRSA 2022 Takeaways
- IHRSA 2022 was very upbeat and there was a lot of excitement. The trade show was busier this year.
- The event returns to San Diego, California in March 2023 — a location favorite for many in the industry.
- Recovery offerings were a hit at the trade show.
- Daymond John of ABC “Shark Tank” gave an excellent keynote speech.
- Recovery vendors like HydroMassage and Therabody were constantly busy.
- People want recovery even if they don’t workout that much.
- Recovery space can grow opportunities for exercise.
- Blair hopes recovery moves more people up the fitness/effort scale.
- Recovery is also a great opportunity to increase gym profits.
- Fit Truk was an eye-catching fitness innovation. It is a mobile franchise boasting a vehicle outfitted to train over 10 people at once.
- Svetness app also caught Blair’s eye — like Uber for personal trainers. They bring trainers to customers.
- Blair is looking forward to being a moderator at the upcoming 2022 Club Solutions Retreat, September 7-9 at the Ritz Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join.
For more insights from Blair McHaney and to learn more about MXM, the world’s leading experts on Operational Member Experience Management, visit mxmetrics.com.