Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, medical fitness has emerged as a top trend in the industry. With the trend aimed at maximizing a person’s health and quality of life, it will help impact more lives in the community and also get more members back into clubs.
Sue Boreskie, the CEO of Reh-Fit, sat down with Club Solutions Magazine Podcast host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko to discuss medical fitness and how Reh-Fit facilitates the popular trend to members.
Boreskie walks us through the many unique aspects of her center and the advantages medical fitness provides. It’s a very informative chat that outlines how far the trend has come and where it’s going.
Listen to the full conversation below.
- At 0:58 Boreskie provides an update on the Reh-Fit Centre and how it was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Learn the different ways Reh-Fit has integrated medical fitness and what advantages it has for membership at 3:15.
- At 6:12 Boreskie details how medical information and records are exchanged between her facility and licensed physicians.
- Hear how the trend can differentiate your club from other industry leaders at 8:43.
- At 10:38 learn how Boreskie started her career with a focus on medical fitness and where the trend is at now.
- Boreskie describes where she thinks medical fitness is headed and how it may evolve at 13:36.
- At 15:48 learn some of the potential downfalls, errors and challenges some club operators have when dealing with medical-based workouts.
- Boreskie provides advice and what clubs should keep top of mind when working with the medical field at 19:41.
- At 21:50 hear about the Exercise is Medicine initiative and how it helps educate students from interdisciplinary studies.
- Boreskie details the benefits of attending conferences, participating in research studies and getting involved with higher education at 25:00.
- At 26:37 learn some surprising facts about Boreskie and what her favorite leadership books are.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.
Leave a Reply