Industry Buzz: Your Marketing Campaign Checklist
Launching a new marketing campaign can be hectic. Sometimes there are multiple moving parts, and it can be hard to keep track of all the loose ends. To help keep things in order, here’s a checklist you can use as a guide throughout the entire campaign.
- Define your goals. What are you trying to accomplish with your campaign? Be as specific as possible so that you can measure results. Are you attempting to increase Group X participation? Or are you looking for more membership sales?
- How are you measuring success? If the goal of your marketing campaign is to increase personal training sales, how will you know a member signed up for training as a result of the promotion? Consider having members use a special code that you can keep track of, so you know exactly how many people signed up as a result of the campaign.
- What’s your budget? Define a budget and stick to it. This will help you determine where to allocate funds, such as for marketing materials like flyers or mailers.
- Define your platforms. How will you be educating members or prospects about this campaign? Will you be using print, digital, TV, or all of the above? Where are your efforts best focused?
- Artwork/branding. Artwork and branding is key, and it’s crucial that it’s consistent. Make sure that clubs and key staff have the correct promotional materials needed to make the campaign successful.
- Educate your staff. Prior to launching the campaign, make sure every single person in your company knows about it, especially if you’re doing a special offer. Can you imagine the embarrassment if a prospect brings up the promotion to front desk staff, and they’re obvlious?
- Set an end date. When will the campaign end? Set a specific end date so that immediately afterwards you can begin evaluating the campaign’s success or failure.
- Evaluate. Once the campaign is over, be sure to evaluate how it went. Otherwise you’ll have no idea if your efforts were even worth it.