Print Media is Certainly Not Dead
When family members asked Club Solutions Editor-in-Chief Rachel Zabonick what her major in college was going to be, she told them “Print Media.” And those family members gaffed. They asked, “Don’t you know that print journalism is dead?”
Fortunately, Ms. Zabonick missed that particular memo. Despite theories that print journalism would certainly die with the advent of iPads, the internet and Mac computers, she pursued print media anyway, and is grateful she did so. Because print did not die. It transformed and evolved. But it certainly did not die.
In fact, according to Freeport Press, the magazine industry is vital, far-reaching, and remains a powerful consumer influencer. A few highlights from a report include:
- And advertising in magazine media increases sales.
- Print magazine advertising inspires action.
- Print magazines consistently rank first or second in reaching influential consumers.
- The number of U.S. consumer print magazines is higher now that it was 10 years ago.
- Several leading digital businesses have launched print magazines in the last few years.
- The top 50 marketers reported spending close to $7 billion in print magazine ads.
- Brands that advertise in print magazines achieve higher brand favorability, purchase intent, and ad awareness than they do online or on TV.
So, if you haven’t received the new memo that print media is certainly not dead, consider this your official notice!
Introducing Customer Spotlights
Would you like to share a success story from one of your VIP customers to the rest of the industry that is published in print? We have a new opportunity called a Customer Spotlight. It’s a full page feature where we interview one of your customers and they provide a testimonial. This includes how you helped them solve a problem, images, and contact info in our print publication.
With any size marketing campaign the Spotlight, along with other content opportunities, are included complementary:
- Supplier Voice online editorial
- Product Announcement posted to our social media and website platforms
Please email email@example.com to learn more.