Episode 27: The Hybrid Model and More with Les Mills
The hybrid model — meaning a combination of the in-person and digital experience — is leaving an impact on the industry. And Les Mills is at the forefront.
In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine podcast, Rico Francis, the president and co-founder of Peake Media, sat down with Adrian Heffernan, the vice president of customer experience at Les Mills.
Heffernan shares his history in the industry and how he came to be at Les Mills. They also discuss the phenomenon of the hybrid model. The discussion centers around its impact on health clubs and operators, and how Les Mills can help with this evolution.
Show Notes on the Hybrid Model, Digital Strategy and More with Les Mills
- Heffernan was an active Aussie kid in Melbourne, Australia.
- His personal training start in the industry and how it evolved.
- From a software start-up in Southern California to Les Mills, Heffernan has had a winding path.
- What his day-to-day looks like at Les Mills.
- Why Les Mills is all about helping members fall in love with fitness at clubs.
- How the hybrid model is impacting the industry today.
- Les Mills can help operators bridge the gap between the live and digital experience. Heffernan shares how.
- A deep dive into how a club can partner with Les Mills for the hybrid model and creating a digital strategy.
- What trend they are starting to see in terms of people who’ve been working out at home without a club connection. Hint: these consumers are looking for something.
- The positive data behind an experiential selling approach.
- Heffernan shares about a Les Mills client and their success.
- Did you know Les Mills owns and operates 12 clubs in New Zealand? Here’s why that’s a good thing.
- What lies ahead for Les Mills and its newly launched solutions?
This episode of the Club Solutions Magazine podcast is sponsored by Les Mills.
Les Mills is a group fitness company across 100 countries with 140,000 instructors globally. Our No. 1 goal is to create a fitter planet by helping people fall in love with fitness. We offer 13 group fitness programs across various genres from dance to HIIT and everything in between. Our support to clubs and instructors consistes of pairing the two together, as well as ongoing education and development for each. Most recently, we’ve created the Ultimate Group Fitness Solution. This includes live classes, virtual in-club classes, livestream, on-demand and club-embedded content. To learn about this 360 degree solution, visit lesmills.com/us/ultimate.
Be sure to subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.