Chris Craytor is seeing medical and outdoor fitness, at-home workouts, and human resources as part of the 2022 industry trends.
As the CEO of ACAC Fitness and Wellness, Craytor has been keeping tabs on the industry. In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine Podcast, editor-in-chief Rachel Zabonick-Chonko sits down with Craytor to discuss the trends he is seeing, as well as the leadership books he’s been reading and best practices for the industry as it enters a new year.
Show Notes from the Conversation with Chris Craytor
- How bad of a gift giver Craytor is.
- Employee compensation and rate raises are current challenges.
- Why the health club business has never been super easy.
- ACAC has been able to bring some of its programs back recently, and Craytor shares why that’s been a good thing.
- The current work with the Gyms Act and what’s next.
- What you need to do and have in place before the bad news comes (11:40).
- Advocacy is an insurance policy for your business.
- Employee claims are on the uptick; Craytor talks about this increasing challenge and what you need to be doing to safe-guard your club.
- Staying competitive is going to look like high-quality at-home workout offerings; Craytor shares who seems to be using this option the most around 21:30.
- Why strength area traffic seems to be going up across the board.
- The question with outdoor fitness is, “How to do it exactly?”
- What message Craytor is giving to the team — hint: it has to do with building back.
- The fundamental challenge for the industry is discussed at minute 30.
- Right now, the best thing you can do is lock in a low interest rate.
- Best practice tips from Craytor for 2022 — including involvement in Club Solutions events and Mastermind Groups.
- Becoming a better content engine is top of mind for Craytor.
- Trend alert: An increasing number of services supplied by health clubs are going to be reimbursable expenses part of insurance. To start, look and see what’s covered in your state already.
- “Turn This Ship Around” and “Measure What Matters” are two books Craytor recommends.
Be sure to subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.