Starting your own business is no easy task — especially during a worldwide pandemic. But that’s exactly what Jessica Yarmey, the CEO and founder of KickHouse, accomplished in 2020.
Yarmey recently sat down with Club Solutions Magazine Podcast host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko to discuss entry-level entrepreneurship. They highlight the ins and outs of owning your own business, along with the highs and lows. Yarmey’s refreshingly candid advice is valuable for anyone considering becoming an entrepreneur.
Listen to the full conversation below.
- At 2:35 learn about Yarmey’s background and how she founded KickHouse.
- Yarmey details how she dealt with a changing industry at 3:50.
- At 4:48 Yarmey describes how she dealt with anxiety while starting KickHouse during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hear about KickHouse’s growth and future trajectory at 6:51.
- At 8:02 Yarmey talks about the challenges of being a new entrepreneur, and how she has dealt with failure.
- Yarmey details the hidden side of entry-stage entrepreneurship at 12:48.
- At 14:47 hear about the benefits of “brutally honest” self-awareness.
- Yarmey describes her beneficial relationships with her employees at 17:25.
- At 22:07 learn about Yarmey’s “work hard, recover hard” mindset.
- Yarmey explains her passion for boutique fitness and how it is valuable for participants at 24:50.
- At 28:45 learn about the latest trends in boutique fitness.
- Yarmey talks about her favorite podcasts at 31:11.
- At 32:40 hear how Yarmey’s staff brings her joy and makes her smile through their authentic leadership.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.
Leave a Reply