Top 5 Greatest Learning Lessons in Marketing
Just like technology, times have changed for marketing in the health club industry. No longer can health clubs just pursue guerilla marketing tactics or word of mouth in order to be truly successful. Nowadays, marketing evolution is essential.
Christina DeGuardi, the SVP of marketing, branding and communications at Crunch, has learned this first hand. DeGuardi has over 20 years of experience working on brands across the world, and currently manages a full marketing team and creative department at Crunch.
Here, she shares her top five greatest learning lessons in marketing that she’s gleaned over her career.
- “Don’t be afraid to try something new in case it fails. Failure is part of the process that allows you to continue to optimize your communication strategy.”
- “Speaking of optimization, never assume that a tactic you deem successful will always be successful. The market and the mediums will continue to change around you so you need to always be evaluating the efficacy of everything you do.”
- “There are infinite new media channels and technologies available today to help drive your business. You certainly won’t be able to explore or invest in all of them, but you should always be exploring at least something.”
- “Know your brand DNA intimately and use that knowledge to find growth opportunities, product extensions and philanthropic opportunities that are natural in both the physical and digital marketplace.”
- “Always be cognizant of the level of creative thinking coming from your team and from yourself. Don’t allow the work to ever become routine.”
Look for Christina DeGuardi’s column on marketing in The Essentials section of the June issue and online here.