State Fitness Alliances with Cory Brightwell: Podcast Episode 18
State fitness alliances are having an impact across the nation.
During the pandemic, it’s been crucial to get decision makers to be aware of the importance and impact of the health and fitness industry. While not every state has an alliance of fitness businesses, those that do are seeing an impact. Cory Brightwell, the CEO of Chuze Fitness, is part of one in both California and in Colorado.
In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine podcast, host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko spoke with Brightwell on the impact he’s seeing through the state fitness alliances. He shared some things he learned in setting up successful alliances and what implications they can possibly have beyond the pandemic.
Show Notes on State Fitness Alliances with Cory Brightwell
- Brightwell is involved in both the California and Colorado state alliances.
- Why there’s been more success in one state over the other — hint: it comes down to decision makers.
- Great data was huge in Colorado and here’s why it matters.
- Some of the reasons why health clubs and fitness facilities are safer than other industries.
- A state fitness alliance advisory board that can represent the full spectrum of the industry is vital, and here’s why.
- Are lobbyists worth the investment if you can afford it?
- Forming state alliances sooner than later is better than being reactionary.
- If you’re in a state without an alliance or coalition, here’s what Brightwell recommends.
- One key tip on how to get through a second, third or fourth shutdown involves your team.
- Why working together has implications beyond the pandemic.
- The decision makers need to know what the fitness industry is doing to keep communities safe and healthy.
Be sure to subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.