Salt therapy is like a toothbrush for your lungs.
That’s what Leo Tonkin, the founder and CEO of Salt Chamber, shared in this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine podcast. He explained his journey to finding salt therapy and all of the benefits he’s found along the way.
He sat down with Rico Francis, the president and co-founder of Peake Media, to discuss salt therapy’s evolution, what Salt Chamber does and how it helps clubs, and how to bring this profit center into your business.
Show Notes on the Discussion with Salt Chamber
- Tonkin found salt therapy — specifically halotherapy — 10 years ago. And he was surprised about it.
- Salt therapy also offers a competitive edge for your business.
- Why Tonkin’s job is a lot of education and awareness-related items.
- What is salt therapy and how is it different from other types of recovery and therapy?
- How salt therapy evolved from the salt mines in Europe.
- Dry salt is very absorbent, meaning it’s great for cleaning out the lungs and increasing lung capacity.
- Tonkin shares the different types of salt therapy rooms/experiences that are possible for your business.
- At minute 11:33 Tonkin answers what he thinks the best model for health club owners is.
- Also, he does the math as to why this profit center is a slam dunk.
- Salt Chamber provides the education and help needed.
- What is the biggest benefit of salt therapy? Tonkin shares what it is around 17:35.
- Tonkin debunks the salt therapy myths out there and shares what you need to look for in a Halogenerator.
- How universities are getting onboard the salt therapy train.
The sponsor for this episode is Salt Chamber. And be sure to subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.
Leave a Reply