Each month Blair McHaney, the CEO of MXM, sits down with Rachel Zabonick-Chonko, the editor-in-chief of Club Solutions Magazine, for a frank discussion on the current state of the fitness industry.
BLAIR MCHANEY’S POV SHOW NOTES
2021 Five Nine Awards
MXM selected the winners based upon two criteria:
- The club must have had a statistically significant number of feedback responses during the last 6 months of 2021.
- The club must achieve a trailing 6-month average score of 9.0 in four critical experience categories and one flex category.
Everyone must meet a 9 in these categories:
- Front Desk Staff Friendliness
- Overall Staff Friendliness
- Gym/Club Cleanliness
- Likelihood to Recommend
The flex categories are:
- Equipment Condition
- Locker Room/Showers
- Staff Assistance
- Group Exercise/Fitness Classes
- Personal Training Services
Vision for the Awards
- A lot of clubs didn’t make it this year because there wasn’t enough data due to being closed.
- Winners received window decals, press releases, information to share on social media.
- Vision: Blair wants Five Nines to be one of the most coveted awards you can win in the industry.
- Rolling out new net promoter 3.0 that focuses on earned growth vs. bot growth and Net Revenue Retention.
- Relief for gyms carved out in a bill if it can get passed.
- Get involved and contact your representatives: ihrsa.quorum.us/gymsact_dashboard/?utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=ihrsa_website&utm_campaign=gymsact_dashboard
- 22% of the industry has closed personally, and a lot of gyms are only still here because of the employer retention tax credit.
For more insights from Blair McHaney and to learn more about MXM, the world’s leading experts on Operational Member Experience Management, visit mxmetrics.com.
Leave a Reply