Blair’s POV: Focusing on Employee and Member Experience
Each month Blair McHaney, the CEO of MXM, sits down with Rachel Zabonick-Chonko, the editor-in-chief of Club Solutions Magazine, for a frank discussion on the current state of the fitness industry.
BLAIR MCHANEY’S POV SHOW NOTES
Reflecting on the Past Two Years
- Mask mandates are finally coming off in Washington.
- Hoping to see a resurgence of members once this happens.
- It’s hard to believe what started as a two-week shutdown turned into two years of regulations and masks.
- There is a higher level of professionalism and cooperation in the industry.
- Better marketing messages have come out of the pandemic. It’s more about wellness and mental health instead of focusing on the physical aspects.
- Recovery is a hot topic right now. Even HVLP locations are getting behind it.
- A lot of innovation is occurring in the industry as we bounce back.
Focusing on Employees
- Many of Blair’s customers are talking about employee experience.
- Your workforce temperament is just as important as your member experience.
- Employees are more willing to share their thoughts to a third party rather than their employer directly.
- Call your gyms and see how they are answering the phones.
Successfully Onboarding Members
- Make sure you member management software has a really good product roadmap and a really good API.
- Make sure you can have a CRM system that is either a part of that or can add onto it and talk to it.
- Must have the voice of customer rolling in all the time.
- You have to capture the right information when onboarding members.
- Get the fundamentals right — friendliness, engaging, interacting — every day with every person.
For more insights from Blair McHaney and to learn more about MXM, the world’s leading experts on Operational Member Experience Management, visit mxmetrics.com.