Blair’s POV: Top Industry Trends
Each month Blair McHaney, the CEO of MXM, sits down with Rachel Zabonick-Chonko, the editor-in-chief of Club Solutions Magazine, for a frank discussion on the current state of the fitness industry.
BLAIR MCHANEY’S POV SHOW NOTES
Top Industry Trends
Recovery and Amenities
- Recovery is a huge opportunity.
- Figure out what you can do well in that category and start moving in that direction.
- At least have a stretching space and maybe percussive therapy guns.
- There is a lot of research proving the benefits of recovery.
- There is more demand for shorter and gentler classes.
- There are ways to ease into recovery without spending a lot of money.
- Institutional locker rooms don’t fly anymore. It shouldn’t feel painful to use the locker room, but luxurious.
- “Reconnect” key marketing word right now.
- Top two reasons to workout are for relieving stress and improving mental health.
- Mental health benefits of exercise are immediate.
- Wearables can help people become fitness mentors.
- Make sure customers are getting the right wearable for them.
- How can we as gyms get people to adopt wearables?
- We should be guides and wearables should be a part of a member’s fitness strategy.
Top of Mind
For more insights from Blair McHaney and to learn more about MXM, the world’s leading experts on Operational Member Experience Management, visit mxmetrics.com.