Technology is increasingly becoming more integrated with fitness clubs across the world. EGYM is one fitness technology leader providing facilities with workout solutions built upon an open-platform ecosystem of connected gym equipment and software.
Rico Francis, the president and co-founder of Club Solutions, recently sat down with Dana Milkie, the general manager of North America at EGYM, to talk about EGYM and how the company is using the latest technology to keep gym members motivated while helping them achieve healthier lifestyles.
Listen to the full conversation below.
- Milkie talks about growing up with five siblings at 0:41.
- At 1:15 find out what industry Milkie started his career in (hint: it’s not fitness).
- Hear how Milkie was finally introduced to the fitness industry at 2:07.
- At 3:09, he talks about bringing in ABC Financial and how that led to him becoming SVP of Client Management.
- Hear about Milkie’s time as CEO of InTouch Technology at 3:56.
- At 4:03 discover who introduced Milkie to EGYM.
- Hear about the day-to-day routine as EGYM’s GM of North America at 5:00.
- What makes EGYM so unique at 7:15.
- At 8:48 the four pillars of an open-platform ecosystem.
- At 10:47 some examples of what questions to be asking operators.
- EGYM’s two points of entry at 12:43.
- At 15:03 Milkie delves into RFID technology.
- EGYM’s bottom line impact and retention success at 16:00.
- At 20:11 looking at data as a four-letter word.
- The importance of EGYM’s strategic approach at 24:08.
- At 25:30 hear about EGYM’s plans for the future.
- How to contact Milkie at 28:40.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.
Leave a Reply