The Houstonian Club has unveiled Phase II of its $23.5 million-dollar renovation, a project that began in October 2021. The entire project, culminating in Phase III, will be completed by the end of 2022.
The renovation project includes:
- A complete overhaul of 70% of the facilities. This includes the club’s lobby, rotunda and atrium.
- A new indoor turf space featuring updated equipment and 4,100 feet of additional training space.
- An enhanced luxury shopping experience in the club’s boutique shop.
- The addition of a new grab-and-go food option called Refuel.
- The addition of The Kitchen at The Houstonian Club, a new 6,000-square-foot restaurant set to debut in October.
These upgrades follow the recent renovation of The Houstonian Hotel’s guestrooms and suites, and the renovation of the award-winning Trellis Spa, which now includes an outdoor soaking pool and garden therapeutic experience.
“We take great pride in providing top-notch facilities and state-of-the-art equipment at The Houstonian Club,” said Cher Harris, the general manager of The Houstonian Club, in a statement. “The enhancements we made to the property allow us to showcase the unique way a fitness club can be utilized. Implementing updated spaces will ensure our members and guests enjoy a one-of-a-kind luxury experience.”
In addition, the renovation project will bring a number of additional enhancements to the facility, including a fresh and modern aesthetic, enhanced sound, lighting and surfaces for group exercise, and additional spaces for gathering.
The Houstonian Club & Spa is based in Houston, Texas, and is recognized as a Platinum Club of America, a distinction only given to 1 of 20 athletic clubs in the country. The campus spans 27 acres.
The Houstonian Club’s renovation project will be featured in the January 2023 issue of Club Solutions Magazine.
Leave a Reply