As the industry continues to rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic and the Great Resignation, member experiences continue to be a major point of emphasis for gyms.
Khaled Elmasri, a regional director of Texas Family Fitness, recently sat down with Club Solutions Magazine Podcast host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko to describe how his team is working to improve the environment for visitors at their gym.
Over the last 20 years Khaled has worked at a wide range of clubs from HVLP to high-end, and has seen the good and the bad when it comes to serving customers. This is a great discussion for those looking to learn about what today’s consumer expect, how to deliver a great member experience and more.
Listen to the full conversation below.
- At 1:29 learn about Elmasri’s experience in the fitness industry and with Texas Family Fitness.
- Elmasri details what great customer service looks like and what members expect at his gym at 3:01.
- At 5:27 hear about Texas Family Fitness’ 30-day onboarding welcome for new members.
- Elmasri explains the three things members look for in an adequate gym experience at 7:42.
- At 10:55 learn how the front desk and frontline workers are the heart of a club and the catalyst for member experiences.
- Hear about the different ways the employees at Texas Family Fitness are trained and taught to interact with members at 12:37.
- At 13:45 Elmasri describes how his gym strives to keep members loyal as a community-based health club.
- From his perspective, Elmasri describes what many gyms often get wrong in delivering the customer experience at 15:50.
- At 18:50 hear why your gym’s core values and culture are the essential DNA of your business.
- Learn what technologies Texas Family Fitness uses to gauge their members’ experience at 22:32.
- At 26:55 Elmasri details how his gym is convincing members to consider high-level exercises.
- Elmasri talks about his favorite leadership sources such as John Maxwell and Jocko Willink at 29:30.
- At 30:20 Elmasri explains what has recently made him smile.
- Hear about the biggest challenge Elmasri had to recently overcome at 31:19.
- At 33:25 learn how Elmasri rebounded after declaring bankruptcy.
- Elmasri describes how the changing industry has shifted the focus to improving the experience for members at 35:45.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.