Perhaps now more than ever, advocacy is essential to ensuring the fitness industry has a voice on a national level.
Kevin McHugh, the chief operating officer of The Atlantic Club, recently sat down with Club Solutions Magazine Podcast host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko to discuss the inroads the National Health & Fitness Alliance and Team 435 are making with giving the industry a larger spotlight, the connection between advocacy and medical fitness, and much more.
McHugh is passionate and knowledgeable in these areas, and it’s a great discussion for anyone wanting to know more about the potential of medical fitness in the industry.
Listen to the full conversation below.
- At 0:59 McHugh provides an update on the latest developments with Team 435.
- McHugh details the momentum the PHIT Act is gaining at 6:05.
- At 8:57 McHugh talks about the work the National Health & Fitness Alliance and IHRSA are doing as well.
- Hear about the partnership McHugh recently started with Cooper Aerobics at 11:17.
- At 16:26 McHugh details the incorrect reputation commercial fitness has and how important it truly is to the public.
- Learn about the other partnerships McHugh is involved with and how they are improving mental and physical health at 21:38.
- At 23:47 hear what effective advocacy requires.
- McHugh details how starting small with medical fitness can help grow a beneficial program at 26:23.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.