Marketing: 6 Facebook Live Marketing Tips
Recently, Facebook launched a new feature called Facebook Live, which allows anyone to broadcast live videos directly to their Facebook News Feed. The tool is a great opportunity for marketers, as it allows them to share their brand stories and engage with their audiences in unique ways.
But before you start live streaming anything and everything, follow these Facebook Live marketing tips to ensure your live stream is not just viewed, but liked and enjoyed by viewers.
- Don’t just start streaming without a plan. You don’t have to have a detailed plan, but at least decide beforehand what you’d like viewers to see, whether it’s a club event, a Group X class or a Q&A with your registered dietitian. Creating a calendar can help, based around upcoming events and requests by members.
- Let your audience know when you’ll be live streaming. Just like a real event, you should market your live stream before and after it has occurred.
- Write a catchy description. This appears above your live stream and will draw viewers in.
- When it’s time to go live, remember to have fun. You have built a relationship with your audience, so there’s no need to be nervous. Go with the flow.
- During the live stream, respond to viewers. They can post comments, so address them by name and answer their questions. This increases engagement.
- Don’t worry so much about length. You can stream for as short or as long as you’d like. But, the longer you stream, the more likely you are to get a larger audience, so keep that in mind.
- Be visually engaging. Just like any other video on Facebook, sound will not begin until the viewer manually turns on the volume. So, you have to engage the audience visually first.
- Encourage your audience to like and share the video. It doesn’t hurt to ask.
In addition to these tips, be sure to check out Facebook’s best practices for live streaming video. It’s chock full of other ways to ensure your stream is a hit. Click here.
Now, go ahead and go live!