Operations: Pump Profits and Increase Member Engagement
As you very well know, health isn’t one-faceted. In the pursuit of health, members may turn to meal planning, their doctor or fitness trackers to complement their exercise routines.
According to Kevin Weinstein, the CEO of Analyte Health, members are also beginning to turn to health tests, a fact he touched on in a recent webinar hosted by Club Solutions. He explained today, 50 percent of gym members have an interest in augmenting their health and fitness with testing. This could include:
- Genetic tests to determine traits that could impact a member’s ability to lose weight.
- Tests of key health measures like hormone levels, thyroid function, vitamin deficiencies and cortisol levels.
- Tests to determine food allergies and sensitivities
- Genetic tests to create a personalized meal plan.
“Members have a strong desire to have additional tools at their disposal,” said Weinstein. “It gives them an opportunity to track their progress and maintain their performance.”
For a club perspective, Weinstein explained there are two main reasons why health tests are worth considering as an addition to your club.
Increase lifetime value of members.
- Health tests allow clubs to acquire members at lower costs via innovative offers and upsells.
- Retain customers longer via increased satisfaction and engagement.
- Increase revenue during membership period via ancillary products that can be bought more than once.
Increased staff and club efficiency.
- Improved revenue per square foot.
- Excellent revenue per staff hour.
As Weinstein explained, members are looking for ways to “own their health,” and health tests might be a great way for you to help them do so, while earning profit in return.
To watch the full webinar, click here.
Rachel Zabonick is the editor-in-chief of Club Solutions Magazine. For more information she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.