Transitioning between businesses can be a stressful but sometimes a necessary move for many gym owners. Kris and Maica Peterson, the co-founders of Chuze Fitness, recently left the day-to-day operations of their company in 2020 to start a boutique fitness franchise with Eat The Frog Fitness.
The couple recently sat down with Club Solutions Magazine Podcast host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko to discuss their decision and how it’s been beneficial for their family. They also provide valuable lessons and advice they gathered from the experience.
It’s an honest conversation for anyone considering starting a new business venture, changing roles or repositioning priorities in family or business life.
Listen to the full discussion below.
- At 1:24 hear about the Petersons’ transition into boutique fitness.
- Kris talks the two growing niches of the fitness industry at 4:21.
- At 6:12 the Petersons tell how they landed on Eat The Frog Fitness.
- What does Eat The Frog mean? Maica explains at 8:13.
- At 10:12 the Petersons talk about their tough decision to leave the day-to-day operations at Chuze Fitness.
- Kris and Maica Peterson share their ideas of simplifying, reevaluating and promoting from within at 11:45.
- At 16:12 the couple talk about their work-life balance and learning how to relax.
- Maica keeps it real about being life and business partners while overcoming the struggle of being a neuro-divergent amongst neuro-typicals at 18:16.
- At 21:51 Kris reiterates the importance of knowing when to push the pause button.
- Maica and Kris share their thoughts on each other’s leadership styles at 23:21.
- At 25:46 find out who Maica learned her conflict resolution skills from.
- Lessons learned from the first few weeks at Eat The Frog and the Petersons’ advice for those looking to start their own businesses right now at 28:08.
- What the Petersons are currently reading: The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer.
Subscribe to the Club Solutions Magazine podcast on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud and Spotify.