Ten years ago, Jarron Aizen started a company while studying at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
The company was OneFitStop, a fitness business solution with the intention of serving personal trainers. “From our clients’ success and growth the word spread about OneFitStop, creating a demand for us to expand, and so we now operate over multiple continents,” said Aizen. “So as the product evolved to where it is today, we knew the original brand needed that same growth and expansion.”
As such, the OneFitStop name and brand no longer aligned with the vision. The company’s ability to provide industry-leading service had evolved. It was delivering an enterprise end-to-end platform for enhanced member engagement and business management solutions. All of this plus customer feedback and the rapid adoption of the platform showed it was time to change the company’s face as well.
In April 2022, OneFitStop rebranded, taking on a new look and the name Hapana.
“The name Hapana is derived from ‘haptics,’ meaning a sense of touch, the most sophisticated and intimate of the five senses,” said Aizen. “We chose it because it describes what we’re building: a platform that intuitively lets you make deep connections with your community members.”
Hapana’s team is made of 70-plus employees who are key to providing high levels of support, and whom ultimately drive customer success.
Aizen explained they don’t leave clients to figure things out via do-it-yourself support articles and videos. “It’s not the Hapana way,” he said. “It’s not who we are as people, and it’s not what Hapana stands for.”
Instead, one will find Hapana to be a true technology partner, working hand-in-hand with its customers. Aizen shared their hope that any studio or health club client will know without a doubt Hapana is invested in their success.
“This hands-on approach to helping our customers succeed has been tantamount to our growth and an essential factor in the extremely positive and long-term partnerships we’ve forged with hundreds of ambitious brands over the past 10 years,” said Aizen.
Hapana is found in over 700 clubs and serves 1.2 million active members. With such an extensive reach, it’s essential for the brand to create first-class member and client experiences. “We prioritize putting your members first, and making sure we build our products and client relationships to support every single one of our customers,” said Aizen.
The way Hapana is achieving this is seen through the fully-integrated product groups that make up its technology stack. They are:
- CORE: A day-to-day membership management system. “It’s your scheduling, booking, billing management and reporting toolset that allows you to keep up-to-speed with what is happening on the floor every single day of your business,” said Aizen.
- LINK: A branded member app experience. Clients can change the color scheme, icons and fonts. There is also the ability to layer in the multimedia to the app. It all comes back to creating community and a high-touchpoint experience that exemplifies simplicity.
- CAST: Broadcast one-way or two-way interactive streams with bookable classes, time management, Chromecast and AirPlay. “It also includes our content suite on demand which is articles, videos, recipes, milestones and all different types of multimedia that truly creates another dimension in your member experience,” said Aizen.
- GROW: A marketing automation and sales CRM platform. It helps clients nurture the member journey to make sure they don’t drop off along the way. Plus, one can reinforce positive behaviors or celebrate milestones, anniversaries around join dates, birthdays, etc.
- DASH: A unified reporting tool that culminates all of the analytics across all of the Hapana systems. “That allows you to not only access all the raw data, but also trends and visual reporting to understand where your business is going and how you measure the day-to-day operations to all the KPIs that are unique to your business,” said Aizen.
It’s through these various arms of its technology stack that Hapana can, as Aizen put it, provide “insane experiences” for members and clients. The integrative set of tools are purposefully built to work together, allowing Hapana to be a complete end-to-end solution.
But to do that, Hapana must know client business operations on a day-to-day basis and they strive to do so.
“Our goal is customers from around the world will be able to create valuable relationships with our team at Hapana,” said Aizen. “This means when you pick up the phone to call our support team, we truly understand your business.”
And that also means understanding the business not only as it currently is, but as it will be in the future. In fact, the evolution of Hapana points to the truth of something else Aizen said about the brand: staying stagnant is simply not in the cards.
So, as the next five years loom ahead, Aizen is already looking forward. He shared the future involves unifying the physical, digital and social channels of gyms, clubs and studios. It involves becoming a leader in connected fitness.
Engineered for engagement and poised to evolve where the fitness industry needs it most, it seems Hapana is set up to continue to bring operational efficiencies, first-class experiences and insane innovations to every area and operator it serves.
“If you are a brand that wants a technology partner that will take the time to understand your business, who will continually innovate and change and evolve as the industry continues to progress, then Hapana is the outright choice for your business,” said Aizen.