Ten questions with Greg Lyons, the vice president of corporate development for ACAC Fitness & Wellness Centers.
1. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome in your life?
I had cancer when I was 18 years old. I missed what was supposed to be my first year in college and underwent months of chemotherapy and surgeries to get better.
2. How did you overcome that challenge?
A lot of luck, great doctors and fantastic support from my family and friends.
3. What’s been a major key to your success?
Hard work and the desire to never stop learning.
4. What drew you to the health and fitness industry?
People will always have to put in the physical work to support their health and fitness goals. No amount of technological innovation will change that fact.
5. What’s the favorite aspect of your job?
People. I love the interaction with my co-workers and knowing the decisions we make have the ability to enhance the experience of our members.
6. On a typical day, what do you enjoy doing outside of work? Do you have any hobbies?
Having two young children, I enjoy coaching youth sports and transporting my kids to their respective hobbies.
7. You have a great sense of humor.
Where does it come from? My father — his wit is second-to-none!
8. What is a key to ACAC’s success?
The key to ACAC’s success is delivering world-class service to our members with a focus on medical fitness, families and the interested deconditioned.
9. Where do you think the industry is headed? What trends are you keeping an eye on?
ACAC is working on how to leverage technological advances in the industry to better serve our members. The focus on incorporating technology into our offerings will allow us to reach deeper into the millennial market.
10. What will be your New Year’s resolution?
Kicking caffeine for 30 days … no human should drink this much coffee!