Safe Outdoor Fitness with Amina Daniels: Podcast Episode 16
Safe outdoor fitness has taken on a new meaning in this COVID-19 world.
Prior the 2020 pandemic, it was a fun add-on, an extra option to get members outdoors. Now, in many clubs and studios it’s become a must. Amina Daniels, the owner of Live Cycle Delight in Detroit, Michigan, is one of those studios that falls under safe outdoor fitness being a necessity.
In this episode of the Club Solutions Magazine podcast, host Rachel Zabonick-Chonko chatted with Daniels on how the studio is running outdoor classes. They go over the check-in process, getting member buy-in with COVID-19 regulations and more.
From the Safe Outdoor Fitness Conversation with Amina Daniels
- These three words — Live. Cycle. Delight. — describe the multitude of offerings at the club.
- How Daniels went beyond the mold for outdoor fitness which involved an S-Frame and property across the street.
- How the club is taking temperatures without a hand-held thermometer.
- What happened to the club’s heaters after it was on the news.
- What Daniels believes is the safest way to unite.
- How they are making clients feel — and keeping the outdoor equipment — safe.
- Why member buy-in for mask wearing is essential, and how Daniels is communicating the necessity of it.
- The delicate balance of being sensitive while policing and enforcing safety guidelines and rules.
- What members are saying about being back in the studio.
- Daniels found a few ways to cut costs for safe outdoor fitness/client safety regulations.
- Thinking long-term with COVID-19 in the gym/studio space.
- What’s been killing small businesses across the board — and it’s not COVID.
- What Daniels thinks won’t happen again until 2020 with group classes.
- What Daniels has in common with Beyonce when she is thinking about her clients.
- Make sure you’re doing this for yourself in order to work harder each day.
- Check out LiveCycleDelight.com!