Each month Blair McHaney, the CEO of MXM, sits down with Rachel Zabonick-Chonko, the editor-in-chief of Club Solutions Magazine, for a frank discussion on the current state of the fitness industry.
BLAIR MCHANEY’S POV SHOW NOTES
Top Takeaways from the 2021 Club Solutions Leadership Retreat:
- People are eager to get together — they want to convene.
- People seem more intensely curious and are asking deeper questions about their operations.
- 22% of industry has closed for good. Ask yourselves, “If my doors closed, would it matter?”
- It was great to dive into the McKinsey data showcasing the true potential of the health, fitness and wellness space.
- Member experience matters now more than ever and should be No.1 priority.
- Gym owners and operators are eager to get involved politically, whether it be supporting the GYMS Act, locally or at a state level.
- When attending retreats or networking events it is important to be open-minded and open-hearted to let ideas flow.
- Attendees come away energized and renewed after networking and collaborating with others who understand them. This helps them attack their business in different ways.
- Everyone should read the Marketing Rebellion by Mark Schaefer.
- The membership base is your marketing partner, and they are marketing your club in many ways. You don’t have any control over this marketing.
- The only thing you can control as a gym owner is how you behave. That is manifested in your daily operations.
- Your member experience is your marketing.
- Word of mouth is no longer people talking to one another. It’s people sharing their experiences on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- You can’t talk your way out of what you behaved yourself into.
- 25 senators out of 100 have signed on.
- 155 representatives have signed on in support.
- Feeling positive that something will be passed on the GYMS Act.
- Keep beating the policy drum even after the GYMS Act so the industry never finds itself in this situation again.
For more insights from Blair McHaney and to learn more about MXM, the world’s leading experts on Operational Member Experience Management, visit mxmetrics.com.
Leave a Reply