1. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome in business? Being new to the fitness industry as of 2008 and trying to keep up with its rapid evolution and ever-increasing competition. Even more, knowing that keeping up isn’t enough.
2. How did you overcome this challenge? If I ever feel like I’ve overcome this challenge then please dump a bucket of ice water on my head because I’m dreaming and I need to wake up.
3. What has been a major key to your success? Our people. From our team members who are in the trenches every day in the clubs, to our club support staff in the home office, our people are what sets Chuze apart. Without them, the word “success” would not be in our vocabulary.
4. What do you like to do in your free time? Travel. Have “board” meetings (surf board) with my COO, Nick Barshick. Lounge with my wife and my cats.
5. What was your first job in the health and fitness industry? This one.
6. What was the most exciting thing you did over the past 12 months? Horseback riding in New Zealand’s “Lord of the Rings” country.
7. What’s something you’d like to experience in 2016? Fatherhood. Coming August 2016. Yikes!
8. What’s your favorite aspect of being a part of the Chuze Fitness family? The people. It never feels like work and always feels like home. I love them and look forward to seeing my Chuze family every day.
9. What’s your vision for your future? Growing the Chuze family and continuing to add opportunity for each and every one of them.
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? “Be the best at the basics. The blocking and tackling.” — Grandpa Brightwell.