Social Media Statistics to Consider for 2022
Using these statistics can help you better understand how to utilize social media platforms to your advantage in 2022.
As of October 2021, 4.55 billion people are active on social media according to Kepios, a strategic marketing consultancy. With this is mind, it’s important to have an effective social media strategy in place to reach potential new members in your area of operation.
A great place to start is deciding which social platforms your facility wants to put paid advertising behind.
If your facility is looking to add more adult members, Facebook may be your best options. According to Pew Research Center, 69% of U.S adults use the platform and had 1.93 billion daily active users in Q3 2021. If you choose to utilize Facebook for your marketing efforts, consider sending out videos as they perform better than other ad formats, according to analytics platform Databox.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind when marketing on Facebook:
- According to GlobalWebIndex, Facebook usage among teens is dropping gradually. While 71% of teens claimed to use the platform in 2015, the number has now dropped to 67%.
- Statista noted 98.3% of Facebook users access the platform on mobile devices, and 16% of all Facebook profiles are fake or duplicates.
- When it comes to posting content, the best time to post on Facebook is Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. according to Sprout Social. Sundays show the least amount of traffic.
If your facility is looking to attract younger generations to your facility in 2022, marketing on Instagram may be right for you. According to GlobalWebIndex, 67% of Gen Z and 57% of Millennials use Instagram, in comparison to only 38% of Gen X. Additionally 90% of people on Instagram follow a business, a promising statistic as business owners.
Other things to consider when it comes to marketing on Instagram from HubSpot include:
- More than 25 million businesses now use Instagram to reach and engage with audiences.
- 69% of U.S. marketers plan to spend most of their influencer budget on Instagram.
- Instagram is now the most popular social platform for following brands.
- The best time to post on Instagram is Thursday between 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. in your respective time zone.
- Posts with a tagged location result in 79% higher engagement than posts without a tagged location.
- One-third of the most viewed Stories come from businesses.
While two of the most prevalent platforms, Facebook and Instagram are not the only social media options. Here are other social media statistics to consider when planning your social media strategy:
- According to HubSpot, 54% of all people want marketers to put out more video content, and YouTube is an excellent place to begin.
- YouTube accounts for more than 25% of total worldwide mobile traffic according to Sandvine.
- Over 46% of all social media traffic to company websites comes from LinkedIn.
- In a 2021 HubSpot Blog poll of 1,000-plus global marketers, 61% of marketers plan to increase their investment in TikTok marketing in 2022.
- Apptopia noted that TikTok was the most downloaded app in 2020.
- In 2020, there were over 106,000 TikTok influencers worldwide, up from 35,000 in 2019, according to Statista.
While there are a plethora of statistics about social media marketing, at the end of the day you know what works best for your business. If your geographic area is mainly people 50 to 70 years old, it probably doesn’t make sense to invest in social media marketing. However, if you are in a position to capitalize on social media marketing, using the above statistics can help you better understand how to utilize these platforms to your advantage.