Why LifeWorks Offers Complimentary Fitness Coaching
LifeWorks of Southwest General provides more than just top-of-the-line equipment — it also provides members with complimentary fitness coaching for the length of their membership by degreed, nationally certified fitness professionals.
These professionals provide LifeWorks’ members with a free health and fitness assessment — including a functional movement assessment — an exercise routine to follow and continual, complimentary follow-up appointments.
Karen M. Raisch-Siegel, the executive director of LifeWorks and director of comprehensive women’s health, explained the benefits to members are many. Members have complimentary access to coaches if they have an injury or just want a new program design. And follow-ups are available to evaluate the program to see if anything needs to be modified.
Around 50 percent of new members take advantage of this program. Although the offering is free, Raisch-Siegel explained it is a challenge to get all members involved. “I think a lot of people who join or pick our facility are pretty new to fitness, and I think they just want to take it slow,” she said.
As a result, Raisch-Siegel said they make a point to educate new members on the offering and remind them that it’s available during the whole length of their membership. “Since we’ve always offered that service and it’s something that is absolutely free to them, we constantly have to remind them that they get this complimentary fitness coaching,” she explained.
Those who do go, are extremely happy with the service. “They enjoy it,” said Raisch-Siegel. “They’re so happy and say, ‘So and so was nice, and worked with me and helped me so much.’”
Here, Raisch-Siegel listed further benefits of offering complimentary fitness coaching:
- Members have complimentary access to coaches if they have an injury or just want a new program design.
- If members come in twice a week for the first 90 days, they’ll get a free month at the club.
- Flexibility of appointment scheduling — lasting longer than just immediately upon joining, rather they last the entire length of their membership.
- Coaching is by degreed, trained exercise specialists.
- Coaching is unlimited. “Anytime they need help, we’re here to help them,” said Karen.
- Customized, individually-designed workouts.
- Follow-ups to evaluate the program to see if anything needs added or reduced.