Woodstock Athletic Club at Woodstock Inn & Resort
The Woodstock Athletic Club at Woodstock Inn & Resort is the area’s premier facility for health and recreation. The club offers lessons from USPTA-certified instructors, court rentals, racquetball, swimming, cardio equipment, a movement studio, outdoor trails, fitness and yoga classes, and an indoor pool — all under its 42,000-square-foot roof. Carly Pizzani, the fitness manager of Woodstock Athletic Club, shares more about the facility below.
- Year founded: 1987
- Number of locations: One
- Brand description: The Woodstock Athletic Club is a premier facility for health and recreation offering a variety of amenities for staying fit and active. The 42,000-square-foot club offers lessons from United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) certified instructors, court rentals, racquetball, swimming, cardio equipment, a movement studio, outdoor trails, fitness and yoga classes, and an indoor pool.
- Mission or vision statement: To create a welcoming space of wellness, fitness and personal connection that serves the community and guests.
- Woodstock Athletic Club was named New England’s best racquet and fitness facility in 2013 by the USPTA.
- The facility features an indoor saline swimming pool, as well as a whirlpool, sauna and steam room.
- State-of-the-art Technogym cardio and strength equipment was installed in 2018.
- Pilates Reformer studio in-house for private sessions.
- The yoga studio is one of the most beautiful spaces to take a class.
Unique Programs & Amenities
- Yoga classes, group fitness classes and indoor cycling classes with the club’s talented team of instructors and trainers.
- M.A.T. (Muscle Activation Technique) sessions available with one of the only certified practitioners in the Northeast, Trina Lewis.
- Junior tennis camps on the club’s 12 indoor and outdoor courts.
- The Athletic Club has held a variety of programs and workshops throughout the year. Past examples include Yoga Nidra, Chakras workshop, Introduction to Strength Training for Women, outdoor yoga hikes, trail running and more.
Best Piece of Advice for Other Health Club Operators
Know your “why” — many places have the “what” and “how,” but without knowing your reason “why” you want to operate a health club, the passion and drive will not be there. The Woodstock Athletic Club team is made up of fitness professionals who want to make a difference in the health and well-being of every person who walks into the facility. Each employee knows our “why” as our mission statement and they truly believe in it.