Kory Angelin shares how Black Friday can generate revenue for health clubs, including tips for marketing.
Running a fitness or wellness business can be a grind. It’s one of the reasons most businesses tend to consistently run promotions and sales. However, that only works against promoting your business as a premium brand. There are certain times of the year where you should absolutely leverage the holidays to run big and bold campaigns to increase your overall revenue.
Below are some of those key times you can run amazing deals and not devalue your brand in the process:
Black Friday is one of the biggest revenue-generating days of the entire year in the fitness and wellness industry. There are two key reasons for this:
- Perception: It’s one of those days where you can actually get away with coming across as “salesy.” No business likes to be really salesy when it comes to a customer interaction. In fact, ask anyone how it feels when they walk into a car dealership. Some of the words that come to mind include nervous, skeptical and anxious. The reason is because you know a salesperson is going to push you to buy a car. Black Friday, however, is the one day we all know and appreciate that every business can run big sales without devaluing the brand in the process.
- Time-Frame: Black Friday is no longer a one-day sale event. In fact, look at when some retailers like Target and Best-Buy start marketing Black Friday deals. Nowadays, Black Friday promotions start well in advance and in some cases more than a month prior. This gives you an opportunity to put together a marketing strategy that gives potential customers awareness on some amazing deals you will be offering.
To capitalize on making Black Friday a big revenue driver, consider the following:
- Start promoting four weeks prior to Black Friday via digital marketing and social media. Generate a sign-up sheet customers can reserve a spot to take advantage of your Black Friday deals.
- Go big and bold. Play around with some of your offers. If you usually promote a percentage off, try a dollar amount instead. Some people gravitate more toward $50 off as opposed to a 25% off offer.
- Extend your Black Friday deal to more than just one day. Run your specials for a full week, for example, to give customers a chance to come in and purchase a product or service. If you limit your deals to just Black Friday, you essentially limit the opportunities for people to take advantage of it.
- Send weekly email and text blasts to all leads and members promoting your amazing deals. Make sure to build in a sense of urgency such as, “two weeks to go until our Black Friday deals. Reserve your spot now.”
Your health club’s game plan for Black Friday can be your playbook for all big holidays in the future. Executing in all of these categories can be a game changer for your fitness and wellness business, and can propel you into the New Year as you work to be a profitable business.