Jarod Cogswell, the co-creator and senior director of Spartan DEKA, shares the many benefits of offering sportified fitness events at your facility.
It was the legendary track and field coach, Bill Bowerman, that said, “If you have a body, you are an athlete.”
As fitness leaders we all have the unique opportunity to serve, train and coach all levels to create the belief that we are all indeed, athletes in this game called life. We’re seeing it more than ever as members and clients utilize their chosen fitness facility as a training ground to physically and mentally prepare for events such as a 5K, adventure course or even challenging outdoor adventures.
One unique trend that’s on the rise are gym-hosted, hybrid fitness competitions. These forward-thinking fitness operators are providing their members with purposeful training that help maximize performance for their upcoming sportified fitness events. In the process, members are surrounding themselves with like-minded individuals elevating their sense of community and confidence. When it’s game day, they all have the opportunity to gauge their progress and celebrate their fitness.
For the hosting fitness facilities, there lies a plethora of benefits.
- Market positioning. Operating such events demonstrates credibility and the opportunity to be deemed as the fitness authority within the community, market or region.
- Increased brand awareness. The community becomes engaged as members from other clubs, gyms and studios participate as well.
- Boosted revenue streams. Members pay for training programs that will maximize their competitive performance, as well as, event entry fees.
- Improved member retention. Studies have shown that when an event is placed on the calendar, fitness enthusiasts are more consistent with their training. The result? More visits, improved exercise adherence, longer membership duration.
- Increased lead generation. Hybrid fitness events that are open to the public are a great way to attract new possible members.
- Enhanced community. Whether individuals are competing with themselves or versus others, hybrid fitness events bring all levels together.
To summarize, hosted hybrid fitness events are a great tool to engage current members, as well as, attract new ones. Those that operate the competitions at a high level create energetic, magical and memorable experiences. Their social media blows up (in a positive way), connections with other local businesses through partnerships are heightened, business reputation is boosted and all of those competing — no matter what level — rediscover their inner athlete.
In the end, sportified fitness strengthens bodies, minds, and relationships. That’s impact.
Leave a Reply