Thought leaders from a cross-section of the industry discuss the strength fitness trend.
Topics of discussion:
- Trends in strength equipment and functional fitness.
- What members are gravitating towards, and what clubs are buying.
- Fitness floor and functional fitness layout advice.
- What to look for in equipment partnerships.
- Advice for other operators.
- Andrea Ausmus, Director of Fitness, Gold’s Gym SoCal
- Greg Maurer, Vice President of Fitness and Education, Workout Anytime
- Jon Baraglia, Regional Director Of Club Operations And Fitness, Fitness Formula Clubs Corporate
- Mary Edwards, Director of Fitness, Cooper Aerobics
- Elise Stolzle, Fitness Director, Stone Creek Club & Spa
This was great to hear from how other gyms are addressing this trend, that is here to stay. It validated all the changes we have made post COVID to be a better gym for our community. We have removed childcare and turned that space into a CORE room where we now offer Barre classes as well as a private place to stretch or cool down.
We added rubber flooring to another area along with an additional squat rack and a full set of dumbbells and benches that is more of a semiprivate studio for trainers or members. Loved this episode.